Copywriting jobs are in high demand.
If you’re looking for a career that is both lucrative and exciting, copywriting may be the perfect choice for you!
I’ve been copywriting for 10+ years, working positions within companies and growing my own writing business.
In this blog post, I will explain what copywriting is, the benefits of having a copywriting career, the skills required, and how to land a copywriting job.
So if you’re interested in learning more about this growing field, keep reading!
Is there a demand for copywriting?
There is a high demand for copywriting jobs. This is because businesses are always looking for ways to improve their sales and marketing efforts, and one of the best ways to do this is by hiring a professional copywriter.
Just check this out. There are 837 pages of jobs on Indeed nationally when you search “copywriter.”
Copywriting is the art of creating persuasive, interesting, and attention-grabbing content that will convince your reader to take action. It can be used in many different marketing materials, such as website content, brochures, email campaigns, and even social media posts.
A good copywriter will have excellent writing skills, be able to understand the needs of their client, and know how to craft an effective message that speaks to their target audience.
If you’re thinking about pursuing a career in copywriting, here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Copywriting is a highly versatile skill. You can use it to create website content, sales letters, email campaigns, and more.
- It’s a great way to earn a living. Copywriters are paid handsomely for their skills.
- You can work from anywhere in the world. All you need is a laptop and an internet connection!
- There’s always demand for good copywriters. As long as businesses need marketing materials, they will need copywriters to create them.
Now that we’ve covered the demand for copywriting jobs let’s move on to the skills you’ll need to land one…
Is copywriting hard to get into?
No, copywriting is not hard to get into. However, it is important to have the right skills and qualifications if you want to be successful in this field.
Some of the skills you’ll need to be a successful copywriter include the following:
- Excellent writing skills. This is a given!
- The ability to understand the needs of your client and their target audience.
- The ability to craft an effective message that speaks to your target audience.
- A strong understanding of marketing principles.
- SEO knowledge. It’s helpful to know how to optimize your content for search engines so that it can reach a wider audience.
- Social media skills. As a copywriter, you may be asked to create social media posts or even run social media campaigns.
If you have these skills, then you’re well on your way to landing a copywriting job!
Which, by the way, can pay up to $70,000/year, according to Talent.
So how do you actually go about landing a copywriting job? I’ll touch on that in a moment.
What industry hires the most copywriters?
There is no one industry that hires the most copywriters. This is because copywriting is a skill that is needed in many different industries.
Some of the industries that commonly hire copywriters include:
- Public relations
- Digital media
- Financial services
Really, the sky’s the limit when it comes to industries that need copywriters. If there’s a business or organization that needs marketing materials, they will need a copywriter to create them.
If you’re looking to hire a copywriter, I suggest browsing Fiverr for your next writer.
Final thoughts on the demand for copywriting jobs
Copywriting is one of the most lucrative and exciting career paths you can take.
I’ve been doing copywriting and marketing for 10+ years, and it’s one of my biggest passions.
My experience is both in the corporate world and self-employment, so I’ve seen both sides of the coin.
Based on data and experience, there is 100% a growing demand for copywriters as they play an essential role in growing a company.
If you want to learn more about copywriting, check out my free and paid online courses.