User-generated content (UGC) is content created and shared by consumers, users, or fans of a particular brand, product, or service. It can take many forms, including reviews, ratings, comments, photos, videos, and social media posts. In recent years, UGC has become increasingly popular among marketers due to its numerous benefits.
That’s why I’ve compiled these user generated content statistics to help you become a better marketer.
What Are The Benefits of User Generated Content?
One of the primary benefits of using UGC is that it is a powerful form of social proof. When potential customers see other people using and enjoying a product or service, it can help build trust and credibility, which can lead to increased sales and customer loyalty.
Another advantage of UGC is that it is often more authentic and relatable than branded content. Consumers are more likely to trust and engage with content that comes from their peers, rather than from a company. Additionally, UGC can be a cost-effective way to create content, as it allows brands to tap into the creativity and enthusiasm of their fan base.
How Can I Create User Generated Content?
So how can you obtain UGC for your marketing efforts? Here are a few strategies:
- Encourage reviews and ratings: Make it easy for customers to leave feedback on your website, social media channels, and third-party review sites. Consider offering incentives or rewards for customers who leave reviews.
- Host contests and giveaways: Encourage customers to share photos, videos, or other content related to your brand or product. Offer prizes or discounts to participants, and share the best entries on your social media channels.
- Use social media hashtags: Create a branded hashtag and encourage customers to use it when sharing their experiences with your brand. Monitor the hashtag and share the best content on your social media channels.
- Partner with influencers: Work with influencers or micro-influencers who are already fans of your brand to create and share UGC on their social media channels. This can help you reach a wider audience and tap into the influence of these individuals.
User Generated Content (UGC) Statistics
1. User-generated content (UGC) is 50% more influential than any other type of media. (Source)
2. UGC has a 4.5% higher conversion rate compared to non-UGC content. (Source)
3. 85% of consumers trust UGC more than branded content. (Source)
4. UGC is the second most trusted source of information about a brand, after personal recommendations from friends and family. (Source)
5. 70% of consumers want to see UGC before making a purchase. (Source)
6. 98% of consumers planned to make a purchase through social media during 2022. (Source)
7. UGC generates 6.9 times higher engagement than brand-generated content on Facebook. (Source)
8. 92% of consumers trust UGC video content more than traditional advertising. (Source)
9. 79% of people say UGC highly impacts their purchasing decisions. (Source)
10. UGC leads to a 29% higher web conversion rate than websites without it. (Source)
11. Brands that incorporate UGC into their marketing strategy see an 18% increase in revenue. (Source)
12. 62% of consumers are more likely to click on content from another customer. (Source)
13. UGC images have a 2.6x higher click-through rate than stock photos. (Source)
14. Brands that incorporate UGC into their email campaigns see a 73% increase in click-through rates. (Source)
15. 60% of consumers find UGC more authentic than brand-generated content. (Source)
16. UGC posts on social media receive 28% more engagement than non-UGC posts. (Source)
17. 50% of consumers want to see UGC before they make a purchase. (Source)
18. 86% of millennials say UGC is a good indicator of a brand’s quality. (Source)
19. UGC-based ads on Facebook have a 300% higher click-through rate than non-UGC ads. (Source)
20. UGC-based ads on Facebook have a 50% lower cost per acquisition (CPA) than non-UGC ads. (Source)
21. 60% of consumers have made a purchase based on a recommendation from a social media influencer. (Source)
22. Brands that incorporate UGC into their website see a 20% increase in return visitors. (Source)
23. UGC increases the time spent on a website by 90%. (Source)
24. 91% of consumers say they are more likely to become a loyal customer if a brand shares their UGC. (Source)
25. UGC-based ads on Pinterest have a 32% higher click-through rate than non-UGC ads. (Source)
26. UGC is the most effective form of content marketing, according to 86% of marketers. (Source)
Takeaways From These User Generated Content (Ugc) Statistics
User generated content is one of the most powerful forms of content marketing. It can increase engagement, loyalty, awareness, and conversions all at once. If you’re not already using it, you could be missing out on revenue and new customers. Here are some takeaways based on the above user generated content statistics:
- Leverage UGC on social media, especially Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Work with influencers to place your products in front of a targeted audience.
- Use UGC on your website to drive more traffic and retain users.
- Test placing user generated content in your email marketing campaigns.
Want to learn more about marketing? Explore my online courses.