One of my students submitted sales copy to be critiqued for an AirBnB course email. It’s targeted towards a younger audience interested in becoming entrepreneurs and being their own boss.
The offer is an AirBnB course and community that helps you generate passive income with real estate rental units.
Some of the main takeaways from this critique are:
- Test different subject lines to see what gets the highest open rate and conversion rate. Curiosity, specificity, and social proof are powerful motivators.
- This email is sending traffic to a warm audience, so we don’t need an intricate hook beyond reminding them where we left off in the funnel/interaction.
- Use social proof like testimonials and customer success stories to build credibility and trust with the audience.
- Always elaborate on the benefits of each feature. Features are factual, and benefits are what the features do for the customer. Bonus points if you can make it emotionally driven.
- Tailor the call to action to the offer, try to avoid making it generic.
- Hit the pain points of the target audience and use storytelling where possible to help them relate to the sales copy.
Get coaching and feedback on your writing by joining Copy Pro Academy.